Throughout this semester in TPTE 486, we have been creating a classroom website. Overall, I have really enjoyed creating this website, and I think it is a good reflection of how much I have learned in this class this summer. At the beginning of the semester, I was worried the website would be overwhelming for me because I had a very basic knowledge of technology. I did not know what information a classroom website needed to include or how to even insert pictures and text to create a home page. When we looked at the storyboard for our website, I did not even know what half of the pages were, especially the ones for the technology projects. As we have worked on projects throughout the semester, I have learned more and more about how to create a good classroom website. Now, I understand that my homepage needs to be an overall introduction to the site with links to each specific page the site offers. I also know that I need to include a teacher bio page that explains to my students and their parents who I am and what qualifications I have to be their child's teacher. I have also learned about many amazing resources that are available on the internet that I can use in my classroom and can share on my website with my students so they can work on improving their academic skills at home. I have learned what WebQuests are, where to find them, and how to share them with my students on a classroom website so they can take control of their learning and use technology to go on their own learning adventures. Throughout the process of creating my classroom website, I have also learned about numerous technology projects I can design to help my students better understand the content we cover throughout the school year. I have learned how to design online scavenger hunts, create digital diagrams, tell digital stories, create interactive flipcharts, and design inquiry based activities. I have also learned how to put these projects on a classroom website so my students can see examples of projects we will do in class or have study materials they can use to better understand the content. In designing my own classroom website, I have also learned about additional information I can share on a website, including supply lists, classroom schedules, extracurricular activities, reading lists, and upcoming events in our school year.
Overall, I have really enjoyed learning about classroom websites, and I know the projects we have created have helped me become a better teacher who can incorporate technology into her classroom to enhance the learning experiences of her students. Throughout this process, I have learned how to construct a website and what information to include on it. I have enjoyed creating and personalizing my website, and I would definitely like to have one for my future classroom because I think it would be a great way for me to communicate with parents and students and administrators.
No comments:
Post a Comment